The beaches are phenomenal. Exactly what Italian beaches should look like in the summer. The food is amazing. The villages are picturesque. The people are warm. In other words, summering in Capri is very hard work, lol. I am considering putting it on my list of places to go if something serious goes down in the states.
Of course, I had to eat my way through Capri. The caprese salad and ravioli caprese were predictably good (especially the fried ravioli), but I found a lot of other great regional items. The homemade pasta with shrimp and asparagus was one of my favorites. I also had a variation with a pistachio pesto sauce...delish.
My absolute favorite place was Gelateria Buonocore. Open all day (and most of the night), I went there in the mornings to get the best cappuccino and lemon pastries. In the evenings, I'd stop by for some of the best gelato I've ever had. Italian perfection.
While the village of Capri offers plenty of great restaurants and shopping, I really fell in love with quieter Anacapri. It is stunningly beautiful and offers great sunsets. There was even a pizza and craft beer festival happening while we were in town--obviously, I had to partake.
One of my favorite experiences was taking a boat tour around the island. If you have a few people, it's definitely worth chartering a boat for half a day. I highly suggest skipping the touristy Blue Grotto and seeing all of the other amazing grottoes and swimming spots, which are just as gorgeous and feel much more authentic.
We also took a day trip to Positano, where I became with black pepper mussels. They're just as yummy as they sound.
Capri is now one of my ultimate summer destinations. I hope to go back one day soon!




No comments:
Post a Comment