Athens is one of my favorite cities. It's obviously beautiful and filled with history, and the food is beyond delicious. Really though, I love the Athenian people. Both times that I've visited, I've met the kindest, funniest, warmest people. I'm always inspired by the fact that the people in Athens continue living life to the fullest, no matter what else is going on around them.
My friend Anta suggested the most amazing neighborhood restaurant for dinner. Mezeklik, in the Argyroupoli area, is the perfect place to satisfy your seafood craving. Everything was fantastic, but I especially enjoyed the little fish, lightly fried in olive oil and garlic. The eggplant dip, mussels, and octopus were also very good.
We equally loved the Zillers, a cool new boutique hotel and restaurant with killer views of the Acropolis. I had a yummy salad with the freshest greens, cherry tomatoes, and goat cheese. The lamb was also phenomenal.
I'm also obsessed with greek donuts, or loukoumades. I had so many of them during my time in Greece, and found a place not far from the center in Athens that specializes in just donuts.
On our last full day in Athens, Anta took us to Olympion, a cafeteria style, very local spot that we never would have found on our own. The dishes were all amazing. We also stopped at Kain, which was the perfect place for a Sunday afternoon coffee or cocktail. I had one of each.

No comments:
Post a Comment