Tuesday, September 9, 2014

As much as I love traveling, I love finding gems in my own backyard. Recently, I stumbled upon two amazing LA restaurants, and I just had to share.

EMC Seafood and Raw Bar


I love this place. Great decor and a casual-chic atmosphere welcome you inside. The service is fantastic, and the food is even better. I highly suggest starting with raw oysters and the shrimp cocktail. I'm also a big fan of the albacore sashimi, yellowtail ceviche, and tuna tartar (with avocado, always a selling point for me). EMC also has a solid lobster roll, which you can get in a mini version. For the drinkers, there is an extensive beer and wine list, discounted during happy hour.

La Numero Uno Restaurant


This is my favorite new lunch spot. It is a cute, unassuming Mexican-Latin establishment. The salsa is amazing, and the guacamole is perfection. The taco plate is five dollars, with beans and rice. The black beans are some of the best I've ever had. The fish taco was very flavorful, and the chicken enchilada tasted like it had come out of a grandmother's kitchen. La Numero Uno is comfort food at it's best, at a very comforting price. 

No comments:

Post a Comment