Monday, June 26, 2017

Punta del Este is really as beautiful as everyone says. It's the perfect summer getaway, especially for Portenos (my beloved residents of Buenos Aires). 

Friends from Uruguay recommended visiting Jose Ignacio, about a thirty minute drive from Punta. We fell in love with it. Punta is great, but Jose Ignacio is more laid back and less touristy. We spent most of our time at Playa Vik in Jose Ignacio. The resort is on a beautiful beach, and the restaurant serves perfect steaks and sushi.

In Punta, we had dinner at Lo de Tere for Brandon's birthday. It's a bit old-school fancy, but not stuffy. The food is solid. I had an incredible seafood au gratin.

I also very much enjoyed eating chevito sandwiches. A chevito is essentially a filet mignon sandwich with mozzarella, tomatoes, and olives. I usually added bacon and a fried egg...because, why not? Amazing. On my next visit, I'll be going to get a chevito as soon as the plane touches down.


No comments:

Post a Comment