Sunday, May 3, 2015

Bali is a gorgeous and fascinating place...the beaches and culture are intoxicating. The food was good, overall, but there were definitely a few standout experiences. In addition to fantastic views, Ku de Ta in Seminyak had great gourmet pizzas and amazing lamb tacos. 


Brunch at the St. Regis was on another level. The Sunday Brunch at the resort's KayuPuti restaurant was unlike any I've seen before or since. Aperitifs, champagne, and canapes start before brunch officially begins. Guests are first served caviar, then freshly baked bread, followed by an elaborate charcuterie. There is an oyster course, a soup course, a salad course. There are ceviches and tartars, followed by a sushi and sashimi selection (which sadly, I couldn't enjoy). Then there is a foie gras course...yes, course! Prime rib and cheeses are brought tableside. Each guest then makes a pasta selection, and a main course selection (including lamb chop, peking duck breast, and fresh seafood selections). Of course, any good brunch ends with great desserts. It was so delicious and filling that it was a struggle to check out and get to the airport immediately afterwards. I know where I'll be on any given Sunday in Bali...

No comments:

Post a Comment